Sunday 20 December 2015

MEIMI TAMURA ANNOUNCES GRADUATION FROM ANGERME!

Today, I was hit with some very sad news. Today it was announced at an ANGERME event that Meimi Tamura, 2nd generation member of ANGERME, would be graduating the group in spring of 2016. When she announced her graduation it was reported the other ANGERME members were very upset at the news but encouraged her to announce her graduation with strength. It seems as if Meimi had decided her graduation for a long time, but didn't want to let the other members know. It's a sad situation for the other members.

Now it is a very sad time for me as an idol fan because Riho Sayashi will be graduating from MM'15 at the New Years Eve countdown concert. The news of her graduation did make me sad, because she is such an important asset to Morning Musume '15 so it will be very strange transition to get used to once she is gone. However, when Meimi announced her graduation I had to ask other H!P fans whether this was some joke. But then the reports of her graduation was broadcast and the dark reality of it hit me.

A graduation announcement hasn't made me so upset since Takahashi Ai graduated Morning Musume in 2011. She was such a great idol for me, and still to this day I miss her a lot, but I am very happy to keep following her as a fan on her Instagram account and her blog.

The reason Meimi's graduation has hit me just as hard is because she is one of the rare idols that really has got a place in my heart. Apart from her only Airi Suzuki (C-ute) and Mizuki Fukumura (Morning Musume '15) are idols I cherish from H!P. I do have a lot of idols I like but these three are idols I truly cherish. Meimi truly is a gem and I she has had an amazing four years as an idol but with her graduating next year H!P will be losing a true gem.

Now I guess this is a graduation that has been predicted to happen for a while. On forums like Hello!Online people were discussing what she would do if she graduated because it looked as if she was ready to leave anytime soon. I myself didn't participate in the discussion because I was in denial. I still think Meimi is a girl who enjoys being an idol, and I just didn't want to think of her graduating anytime soon. I thought she would stay for another year at least, so at this moment in time I am not ready for her to graduate.

I have to agree with a lot of people that she has chosen the perfect career path for her. Meimi has announced that she wants to pursue her dream as a musical actress when she graduates which I think would be perfect for her. She was amazing in Lilium so I know she will make a name for herself when she performs on the stage. I will love to keep following her success after ANGERME because I think she will do amazing for herself. Right now, I am still heartbroken about the news and I have cried about it today, but when it gets closer to the time I will be proud of her and wish her all the best for her future.


No comments:

Post a Comment