Wednesday 17 April 2013

Itano Tomomi announces her graduation: my thoughts!

Way back in February of this year AKB48 announced another graduation of one of their 1st generation members, Itano Tomomi. Known as the cute style icon of AKB48, Itano has managed to charm a lot of fans with her doe eye look and her cute little tooth! You know what tooth I'm talking about! You can't deny the kawaiiness at all!

Now the graduation was announced through an interview Itano participated in in AKB48's documentary "DOCUMENTARY OF AKB48: NO FLOWER WITHOUT RAIN...". She announced:

The interview for this documentary was supposed to be about the members of AKB48, their scandals last year, AKB48 in the future, and the graduation of (Maeda) Atsuko, but my feelings towards graduation became stronger. I decided to announce it like this.

So I guess from Itano's graduation announcement it looks like she was influenced to graduate from Atsuko's graduation. Now we know AKB48 is a beginning platform for these girls to gain the experience of getting into the entertainment industry. Through Itano's eyes she feels like it is her time to graduate AKB48 and go into the future to new ventures, whether it be singing or acting!

The graduation date has not yet been confirmed but I do hope that it's towards the end of 2013 so I can get myself emotionally prepared for this graduation even though I know I'm going to be sobbing. I haven't been a fan of AKB48 as long as I have been a fan of MoMusu but in the duration of myself being an AKB fan Itano was always my favorite  Her beauty and cute innocence really pulled me in to take notice of her, and her style is also fantastic! She has a pretty good voice and she has sounded fantastic in her solo material so I do hope she continues to sing after graduating AKB48!


I am going to be very sad when Itano graduates from AKB48 and it will be difficult for me to keep listening to them if my favorite member has departed. But I am big fans of Takahashi Minami, Yuki Kashiwagi, Mariko Shinoda and Yuko Oshima. Fingers crossed Takahashi and Yuki don't decide to graduate anytime soon...they've just started their solo careers and I want to hear of them as much as possible!!!

But despite how saddened I am with Itano's graduation, I wish her all the best for the future! If she doesn't continue in performance I hope she has a career in fashion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment